Monday, November 17, 2008

Connect With Your Source

. Monday, November 17, 2008

by: Laurie J. Brenner

Who looks outside – dreams. Who looks inside - awakes. Carl Gustav Jung

The single most important thing you can do in your life is to connect with your source. Greater than anything you desire, connecting with source allows you to develop a relationship with the Infinite Wisdom of the Universe. By staying connected you will be in the flow and everything comes easily and quickly to you.

You’ve heard it said, go with the flow.

This doesn’t mean follow the masses – it means to connect with your source and go with its flow – which is unique for each and every one of us.

Where do you think you really come from? Your parents? Yes, you share their DNA – and your body comes from their joining. But where does the you that stares out from behind those eyes live? In your cells, in your DNA, your central nervous system? Do you live in your mind? Are you your mind?

Have you ever noticed that when you experience anything – a feeling – a moment – an event or circumstance – and that while you participate and enjoy or not these things that occur; that part of you sits back and watches everything?

Many call this the observer, the witness, your spirit, your soul, whatever name you choose - it is that part of you that is always connected to source – it stands back and witnesses everything. Your eternal being resides here and always stays in direct communication with source for without that connection you would die.

If we are always connected – why must we then connect? Does this seem confusing to you? Yes, you are always connected with source, period and nothing can sever that relationship. But the part of you that stays connected is not in your conscious mind.

When I talk about connecting with source, I mean consciously. For too long we have made the part of our being that is connected with source sit in the back of the bus. Like Mrs. Parks, a time comes when that part of you simply cannot take being ignored any more. What happens? Many things – your life falls apart, you get sick, things don't go your way – you lose your job, your lover, your house, whatever is consuming your life.

The Father Mother God of Your Being won't stay in the back of the bus for long – especially if something in you awakens – the sleeper must awaken. Yes, you can have all that you desire – but not at the cost of your soul.

The relationship with source is different for everyone. It doesn't take your believing in source for source to empower your being. Nor can you tell another person how their relationship with source is supposed to be. It is a very individual experience. It is the most intimate of relationships you will ever experience.

Source never leaves you, never lies to you, and never makes you feel guilty. Source loves you unconditionally and always says yes to you – even if your belief is such that you feel the universe says no. The universe will support whatever you believe to be true.

An important fact to understand: the universe always says yes even when you perceive it to be no. When you experience no, what you are experiencing is your belief in no so the universe says yes by supporting your no. You define your world. Source does not do that for you.

Source is not your ego, your personality or any trait or characteristic of your being. Source is not your belief structure or your religious undertakings. Source is Divine Infinite Wisdom. Some call It God, Energy, Allah, Yahweh – it is known by many names or none.

You can ask your source about anything and it will answer. It answers by giving you a feeling. If you feel calm and peaceful – that is your answer – which can be interpreted as yes. If you feel more confused and at unrest – this can be interpreted as no.

As you develop your own relationship with your source you will find what form of communication works for you. There are no hard and set rules and this is a very personal relationship – one that no-one but you and source together share.

A Very True Story

I saw a woman's spirit leave her body. I watched her die.

At eighteen I worked full-time in a nursing home as a nurse’s aide. Populated with people in their later years, most of them lived out the rest of their days at this small convalescent hospital in La Mesa, California.

I worked the graveyard shift, eleven p.m. to seven a.m. Standing nearly five feet eleven inches and generally not afraid of too much, I worked this shift with three other women, all of them older and wiser than me. Older, big, and black, not-intimidated-by-much-women, they each in their own way took me under their wing and taught me my work.

Our job involved turning, changing, and caring for these people. Many were bedridden and required extensive care. We would do our runs every two hours starting at the end of the hall and working back towards the nurse’s station.

Very early one fall morning, at about three a.m., the time came to once again turn my patients, check and empty catheters, and force fluids on anyone awake.

I pushed my cart piled high with incontinence pads, towels, and wash cloths to the end of the hall and ducked into the ward on my left. Each ward contained four bed housed with patients unable to communicate. In this particular ward, each patient contained a tube inserted through their nose into their stomach for water and food.

I felt sad for these women as I could never tell if they knew what went on about them.

Bedridden, bedsore, generally pretty stiff, and locked into fetal positions on their sides, the patients lay as eerily quiet as the room.

I entered the ward and immediately felt drawn to the second bed over on my right. The small lamp over the bed cast a cone of light directly over Ellie’s head. A small woman with short salt and pepper hair and drawn into the fetal position on her left side, I knew I needed to turn her over.

Unconsciously I pushed the cart away from me as I approached the end of her bed. I felt drawn to just look at her. It felt like I just entered a church. A deep peace and quiet lay upon her. I gently moved to the foot of her bed and placed one hand on the footboard. Standing, she would only be about five feet tall and couldn’t weigh more than eighty or ninety pounds soaking wet. A light sheet and blanket covered her.

I felt compelled to look at her – my eyes drawn to her feet. I can’t tell you how, but something inside of me just knew to watch and it very gently took over and directed my gaze. I noticed something moving under the covers by her feet so I focused my attention there.

I watched a ripple move from her feet up her body, moving slowly but steadily. I say ripple because it felt non-violent. It was an effect and a cause in one fluid steady movement.

I watched as this ripple crested her torso and seemingly disappeared, but in exact timely fashion of the ripple itself, exited the crown of her head as a spiral of wispy cigarette-like smoke. It twisted gently up in a free forming corkscrew manner, intent clearly defining its purpose, and disappeared into the singular cone of light above her head.

I can’t say that I felt surprise. Something inside me knew. The timing of the whole incident, complete with me pushing the cart aside, gently walking over to the end of her bed, and putting one hand on the footboard couldn’t be more exquisitely timed if it had been scripted.

The moment I hit the mark, the movement began.

While it happened, I felt no fear. The moment I realized her death, reality crashed in on me. She died, I saw it. More importantly, I saw her spirit exit quietly and gently with a singular and intent purpose: it knew where it headed. I felt the intelligence, I felt its awareness of me, and I felt its total lack of gender.

Childhood fear chased me out of the room. I went through the hall to find one of the big black sisters I worked with.

She ambled her way down the hall with me in tow. I stayed behind her and used her body as a shield and we entered Ellie’s room. She checked Ellie's pulse, noted the time, and said, "yep, she's dead."

She pulled Ellie’s few belongings from the night stand drawers and placed them on the bed with her. She covered her head.

We closed all the doors along the hallway so that when the mortician came for her, no-one would see. I never told my co-workers this story. I did not think they would believe me. It made such an impression upon me that I promptly forgot the whole experience until I was in my thirty's.

Through the years, I’ve experienced readings from many different psychics and without fail, all shared with me that I too have psychic abilities. I’ve had many other experiences, however, nothing where I saw a spirit straight on like this – out of the corner of my eyes, yes. In reflections of mirrors, window panes and other glass, yes.

The point I am making is this: more than a body, more than a personality, or an ego, you are a divine child of the universe with an eternal spirit. Eternal. E-tern-al.

You come from source, you exist because of source, and someday you return to source.

Critical for your well-being as well as for your endeavors in this journey of creating your reality and learning to become the real you - the divine child of the universe - connecting with your source is a step you must make on your own.

This is a very personal journey, no man; woman or child can come between you and your Source. Death cannot separate you from your source.

Source is the very source of your being. The part of you that does not reside in the physical realm – the part of you that constantly maintains twenty-four hour access to all things, known and unknown, seen and unseen stands a mere breath away.

I read somewhere once that “of God” - Spiritos – means to exhale – while "man" means inhale. How much closer to source can you get?

Consciously attach yourself to your source. Give thanks to your source for the ability to breathe in and out. Start your day by giving thanks for everything in your life, both the wanted and unwanted. Write a list of five things you are grateful for every day and watch your life change!

Give thanks for everything you can see, taste, touch, smell, hear, or sense, for without your source you would not exist.

Step outside, right this minute, whether it is on your porch, your doorstep, your curb, your backyard, your front yard or in the street. Go outside and look up. Look at the sun or the clouds, the moon and stars and notice everything not made by man. This, in its simplest form, is the divine expression of source.

And then realize that the Creator of All This - propels you, powers you, gives you being on this planet. The same energy that made the stars made you. The same energy that powers the universe powers you.

To quote Joni Mitchell, "you are stardust, you are golden."

Are you any less than one of these? You are loved. And you are known.

It is time for you to know yourself.

Excerpted from The Little Book of Becoming, ©2007 Laurie J. Brenner

free counters